Featuring Radio Tacoma Oceanfest Interviews airing at noon daily!
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF Celebrating the UW Tacoma Class of 2021 In this episode of the podcast we hear from three members of the Class of 2021. Rachel Moyer, Raelynne Woo and Dennis Adjetey talk about their time at UW Tacoma including how they’ve changed during their time on campus. We’ll also hear messages of congratulations from friends, family and colleagues of the Class of 2021!
- Sound Poetry: Airs at 8pm daily. This week features Leslea Newman reading her poetry about her father. Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs at 9am daily and 3pm MWF Town Hall with State Treasurer Mike Pellicioti: In 2020, Treasurer Mike Pelliciotti was the only Democratic candidate in the nation to win a statewide executive office against an incumbent. Join us for a discussion about a host of financial issues he’s taking on here in the state, including shifting our investments to be more socially responsible and away from Wall Street. We also talk about the creation of a public bank for the state, and what $7 billion in relief funds from the federal government will mean for Washington.
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. This week’s episode is “Bellevue based TerraPower (owned by Bill Gates) plans to build a nuclear power plant in Wyoming.” Previous episodes air at 10pm. You can find show notes here.
- Alternative Radio: The State of American Democracy with Yale Professor Timothy Snyder: There’s a new Jim Crow in the U.S. This 2.0 version is legislation passed by politicians who mouth pieties about protecting our sacred right to vote and the integrity of elections. After one of the most secure and verified elections in U.S. history there is a wave of voter suppression laws being proposed across the country. According to the Brennan Center for Justice, Republican legislators in 43 states have introduced more than 250 bills that would make it harder to vote. These measures primarily seek to impose stricter voter ID requirements, reduce the number of polling places, limit mail drop boxes and early voting. These actions are an open assault on the 1965 Voting Rights Act that Dr. King, John Lewis and so many others fought for. What’s going on with American democracy?
- AAAS Podcast: Finding Consciousness Outside the Brain and Using DNA to Reunite Families First this week, Contributing Correspondent Emily Underwood talks with host Sarah Crespi about the surprising role of the vagus nerve—which connects the brain to organs like the heart and digestive tract—in processes once thought to be solely controlled by the brain, such as consciousness and memory. Next, Sara Katsanis, a research assistant professor at Lurie Children’s Hospital and Northwestern University, talks about the best way to use DNA to reunite families that have been separated by everything from government policies to natural disasters.
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am
- The Cannabis Corner airs TThs at 4pm
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Nutmeg Junction airs at 5pm on Saturdays. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/