Radio Tacoma Highlights for October 19-26, 2020
Happy birthday to Radio Tacoma, October 19th!
This week features a new program, Pitchfork to Table Fork, about all things gardening. The first episode is “Let Go and Let Nature” which focuses on fall gardening to help insects.
Here is the blog with all sorts of resources! Airs MWFS – 4pm
- Locus Focus: This week Barbara Bernstein interviews Robert Michael Pyle, Northwest lepidopterist, writer, and founder of the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation about the Extinction of Experience. More people helping insects!
- WSIP: Airs at (am MWFS and 9pm MWF) Biden organizing director for South King County Hamdi Mohamed: We chat with Hamdi Mohamed, campaign organizing director for Joe Biden in South King County, about the state of the race, and what we can be doing here in blue state Washington to help win across the board in November.
Protect the Results is a coalition of national organizations led by Indivisible and Stand Up America that is dedicated to coordinating nationwide, daily, nonviolent protests until all the votes are counted. We speak with Indivisible’s Chief Communications Director, Sarah Dohl, to hear about the game plan, and about how you can get involved.
- Cannabis Corner airs at 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays: Episode 21: In this episode, Lukas and Dig talk cannabis election meddling, Oregon wildfires, cannabis arrests and Arizona legalization. Dig talks smoke effects and cannabis on his garden update. The show wraps up with a sad story out of NY state on the “It’s a Bust” segment.
- Paw’d Defiance: The Monstrous airs 7am MWF In this episode, we’ll talk about the monstrous with UW Tacoma Associate Professor Ingrid Walker and UW Tacoma alumnus Dustin Annis. Walker teaches a course called “Monstrous Imagination.” We’ll delve into what monster stories say about us as individuals and as a culture. We’ll also discuss what these stories can teach us.
- Climate Talk: This week’s episode is an interview with Jani Hitchen (D), candidate for Pierce County District 6 (which airs M-F at 10am). For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- We do the Work: Lori Province interviews Herb Krohn, State Legislative Director of the Transportation Division of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, and Transportation Union about railroads, safety, and cargo.
- AlternativeRadio airs 7AM TTh and 7PM SMWF: The Human Cancer in the COVID Era: Dr. Stephen Bezruchka presents a novel view of the novel virus. What if we are a cancer on this planet? The human species fits the definition of a cancer. We have practiced cancer denial and are paying the price with the world’s largest number of COVID-19 cases and deaths. We need to honor and respect Gaia, our beloved and besieged planet. The recent global protests present the opportunity to collectively treat the human species cancer and hope for a remission. We need a new perspective on our life on Earth. Let the healing begin.
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/