Radio Tacoma Highlights for November 16-23, 2020
This week features Episode 2 of Pitchfork to Table Fork at 9am TTh and 4pm MWF or listen anytime here: Not just dirt but soil! See the blog for more info!
- Sound Poetry: Airs 8am & 8pm daily David Gilmour interviews poet Ann Tweedy with her poems of motherhood and nature. Tweedy comments on her work as a lawyer who has worked with Native American Tribes and now teaches about that work.
- Climate Talk: Chester Weir, architect at Seattle’s Katerra, talks about how his firm is designing and building carbon neutral buildings. For notes to Climate Talk, click here. Airs at 10am daily
- New episode of Pitchfork to Table Fork Airs at 9am TTh and 4pm MWF See the blog for more information!
- Regenerative Paradox: Airs at 2pm M-F Healing Communities with Amanda Anuraga owner of Tacoma East Asian Medicine while we talk about acupuncture and how it can heal individuals and communities.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily Diversifying Power Barbara talks with Jennie Stephens, author of Diversifying Power: Why we need antiracist, feminist leadership on climate and energy. Jennie Stephens is the Director of the School of Public Policy & Urban Affairs and the Dean’s Professor of Sustainability Science & Policy at Northeastern University in Boston, MA
- Paw’d Defiance Airs 7am MWF Changing the Narrative Omari Amili earned a bachelor’s and a master’s degree from UW Tacoma. He’s the author of three books – a memoir and two children’s books. Amili is a sought after speaker and regularly gives talks through Humanities Washington. Amili grew up in poverty. His parents struggled with drug addiction. The young Amili bounced around from place to place. He attended 15 different schools before dropping out. Amili got involved with a check cashing scheme and ended up serving time in prison. In this episode we talk about Amili’s childhood, his books and how he found success post incarceration. We’ll also discuss his love of basketball, including a time Charles Barkely bought him dinner.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick Airs TTHS at 7pm
- Barnaby Druthers Airs Weekends at 7pm This is a send up detective show produced by Timothy J. Quirk in Connecticut America!
- We do the Work: Airs 1pm and 5pm daily John Komorowsk, retired Chief Public Defender in Whatcom County Part 1
- WSIP: Airs at 9am MWF
- Science Magazine airs at 6:00 am and pm MWF How the human body handles extreme heat, and improvements in cooling clothes
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/