Come Create Radio with Us!
KTAH 101.9 FM RadioTacoma is an all-volunteer run low-power FM community radio station. We rely on volunteers for
every aspect of our operation. If you have time and energy to offer, we will plug you in! Here are some opportunities:
- Become a radio producer! If you have a program or would like to create one, please contact us! We are always looking for new programming
- First step is to fill out our Programming Application.
- Assist with audio editing and production. We use the audio editing program Audacity. If you aren’t familiar with it, we will train you.
- Review programs for RadioTacoma. It’s easy! Listen to a program and fill out a form we will provide, rating the program on selected criteria. You don’t have to write a review (but you can!)
- Table at events. This is a great way for a new volunteer to plug in and start learning the ropes. You get to attend fun local community events as a representative of RadioTacoma and distribute information to the public. We will set you up with everything you need and tell you all you need to know!
- Lend your website skills to help us develop and maintain our website, or help with other communications tasks, such as the mailing list.
- Organize or assist with a fundraising event. We rely on community fundraising and are always looking for creative ideas.
- Write grant applications. As a 501c3 nonprofit, we are eligible for grants.
- Assist the general manager or other board members with various tasks (such as outreach to potential volunteers and donors, as well as clerical tasks like database development and management.
- Make a donation. We are accepting donations through Paypal.
- Join a committee. The programming, development, and technical committees meet about once a month and would love to have your support.
If you have skill or an idea for how you would like to contribute that is not listed here, please contact us! We want to hear your ideas. Are you ready to plug in? If you would like to volunteer or for more information, please contact the volunteer coordinator for RadioTacoma at Volunteer@RadioTacoma.org. KTAH-LP RadioTacoma is on the air at 101.9 FM, online at RadioTacoma.org, Twitter, Instagram, and on Facebook.
- The Programming committee meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6pm.
- The Development committee meets every third Monday of the month at 6pm.
- The Board meets quarterly on the first Wednesday in January, April, July, and October at 6pm.
Our meetings are currently on Zoom. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in attending any of the meetings.
Support Radio Tacoma!
Fred Meyer Community Rewards: Go to this site to sign up for community reward points to Radio Tacoma – https://www.fredmeyer.com/i/community/community-rewards
If you would like to learn more about our current fundraising efforts, or to make a donation to Radio Tacoma, please visit our Support page!