Featuring Climate Talk discussion at 10am daily with Dr Elly Claus-McGahan talks about Climate Pierce County and recently enacted Sustainability 2030: Greenhouse Gas Reduction Plan
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: David Gilmour interviews Airs 8pm daily. Brighton, UK. March 3, 2021. Backlash Press is proud to announce the winner of the Best Book Award, Into The The, by Robin Reagler of Houston, Texas. According to Gretchen Heffernan, Publisher at Backlash Press, “Reagler’s poetry shows us how language is playground, high ground, and common ground for communicating what is most important about our human condition.” Backlash Press is an independent publishing house dedicated to releasing work that narrates a contemplated resistance to obedience and trend. Part one of two parts: David Gilmour and Robin Reagler discuss “abstract” poetry. Find out more about Ms. Reagler here: https://robinreagler.com/ Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- WSIP airs daily at 9am and MWF at 3pm Focusing Up with Indivisible Senior Regional Director Nina Moussavi Many Indivisibles here in Washington are saying that there is just an almost overwhelming number of things that need action right now. The legislative session is in its final days, so we’re working to push some bills across the finish line—and making sure others go down. And then, at the federal level, there are things like S1, DC statehood, ending the filibuster, and the THRIVE Act. To help us prioritize all of this, and to talk about how you can be most effective in taking action, we’re joined by Nina Moussavi, Indivisible’s senior regional organizer for Washington and California.
- Paw’d Defiance Airs SMWF 7-8 AM Motherhood Part 1 Note: this program originally aired in December 2019. UW Tacoma Associate Professor Natalie Jolly and UW Tacoma Lecturer Annie Nguyen talk about the role of motherhood in the United States. Jolly and Nguyen are both mothers. They’ll talk about their experiences as working mothers. They’ll also discuss how motherhood is viewed in the Amish community and in other parts of the world. Finally, Jolly and Nguyen will address what changes need to be made to better support mothers and parents in general who are either working or going to school. Paw’d Defiance Airs TThS 9-10PM Motherhood Part 2 Note: This program originally aired in February of 2020.
- Climate Talk Airs at 10am daily. Dr Elly Claus-McGahan talks about Climate Pierce County and recently enacted Sustainability 2030: Greenhouse Gas Reduction Plan. Previous episodes air at 10pm daily. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily The Myth of Small Safe Nuclear Power Plants In 1980, Oregonians passed a ballot measure prohibiting the siting of any new nuclear power plants until there is an operating federal repository for high-level nuclear waste. The law also requires a vote before any future nuclear facility is approved. Forty years later still no federal waste repository exists nor is there a chance of one being created in the foreseeable future. But now there are companion bills in the Oregon State Senate and House that would create exemptions from both the nuclear waste and public vote provisions of the 1980 measure that would allow the construction of small nuclear reactors in Oregon. On this episode of Locus Focus, we talk with Damon Motz-Storey, Healthy Climate Program Director, with Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility about why so-called small modular nuclear reactors are just as dangerous and irresponsible as the larger reactors that Oregon law banned in 1980.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs MWF at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1 to 2pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 5pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/