See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: Airs at 8pm daily. David Gilmour with Part II of Bill Davie reading from his third book of poetry. Bill is a singer-songwriter well-known in the Pacific Northwest. We think you’ll agree that he is a fine poet as well. Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs at 9am daily: interview with Puyallup City Council Candidate and Indivisible LeaderJoe Colombo This week, with the filing deadline to run for office in this year’s election upon us, we continue our series of profiles of first-time progressive candidates. Today, we’re talking with Joe Colombo. He’s running for Puyallup City Council, District 2, and he’s also the founder and leader of Indivisible Puyallup. Other episodes air at 3pm MWF.
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. Previous episodes and other climate and sustainability related programs air at 10pm.
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am Goldendale Pumped Energy Storage Project On this episode of Locus Focus we talk with Elaine Harvey, a member of the Rock Creek Band who works for Yakama Nation Fisheries, and Simone Anter, staff attorney with Columbia Riverkeeper, about why they believe this pumped-storage hydroelectric development threatens irreplaceable tribal cultural resources, fish, and wildlife. More information on the Goldendale Pumped Energy Storage Project:
From the opponents’ point of view: https://www.columbiariverkeeper.org/our-work/saving-salmon/new-hydro
From the developer’s point of view: https://www.ryedevelopment.com/projectstor/goldendale-washington/
- AAAS Science Magazine Podcast airs daily at 6am and 6pm: Ecstasy plus therapy for PTSD, and the effects of early childhood development programs on mothers Staff Writer Kelly Servick talks with host Sarah Crespi about the pairing of a specific type of psychotherapy with the drug 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, commonly known as ecstasy, for treating post-traumatic stress disorder. Also this week, Pamela Jakiela, an economics professor at Williams College, discusses the importance of knowing how early childhood development interventions like free day care or parenting classes have an effect on caregivers, particularly mothers.
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF Other episodes air at 3:30pm TThS and 4pm on MWF
- The Cannabis Corner airs TThs at 4pm
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Nutmeg Junction airs at 5pm on Saturdays. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/