Radio Tacoma Highlights for January 4 – 12, 2021
Featuring Tacoma Housing Now Christmas Rally airing at noon daily
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: Airs 8pm daily David interviews Michael Schein aka AB Bard who talks about and reads his persona poems based on his “Killer Poet” persona. Note: previous episodes air at 8am
- Cannabis Corner: Airs 4pm TThS In this episode Lukas and Dig talk about the future of cannabis in the US Senate, the Mississippi initiative court challenge, Rand Paul HEMP bill, and Columbian high THC exports. The interview features a talk with Rick Bibbero, author of “90 Degrees to Zamboanga: Memoirs of a 20-year Marijuana Smuggling Adventure,” about Thai sticks and some of his other adventures “smuggling marijuana” into the US for over 20 years. “It’s a Bust” takes a look at 4 major busts in Warwick, RI.”
- Climate Talk: Airs at 10am and 10pm daily At 10am John Doherty speaks with Ryan Mello about Pierce County Conservation District’s first in the nation carbon offsets initiative. At 10pm listen to his discussion with Drs. Sarah Doherty and Rob Wood of the UW marine cloud brightening project. Also, “Green Schoolyards” by Katherine Gruner. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- We do the Work: Airs 1pm daily Tia Koonse, Legal and Policy Research Manager for UCLA Labor Center Part 2. Tia discusses wage theft and how it affects local economies.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily Year of the Fires On this episode of Locus Focus we talk again with Dominick DellaSala, chief scientist with Wild Heritage in Southern Oregon. In September Dominick had to evacuate his home in Talent, Oregon during the fires, which burned much of his town and many other Western Oregon communities from Ashland to Detroit. We’ll get an update on the state of the forests and communities nearly three months since the fires raged.
- Radio Survivor Airs 2:30pm daily
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs TTHS at 7pm and MWF at 1:30pm
- Barnaby Druthers Airs 1 to 3pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 7pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- WSIP: Airs at 9am daily
- KTQA Daily Briefing and Science Magazine air at 6:00 am and 6pm daily
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/