Featuring Radio Tacoma Interview with former Tacoma Mayor Bill Baarsma at noon daily and WSIP Panel with Reps. Jamila Taylor & David Hackney on the 2021 Legislative Session – airs 3:00pm MWF
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: Airs 8pm daily. Previous episodes air at 8am daily. David interviews poet, singer-songwriter Bill Davie at the advent of Bill’s release of his third book of poetry. Bill grew up in Tacoma. This interview includes a couple of poems that reference that early life. You can find his music here: https://billdavie.bandcamp.com/ on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/billdavie
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. Conversation with media writer – researcher and Tacoman Evlondo Cooper on climate change and climate justice. Previous episodes and other climate and sustainability related programs air at 10pm.
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF Grit City Music History UW Tacoma Lecturer Kim Davenport takes us on a magical history tour of music in the City of Destiny. Davenport is a professional musician who has written articles and books about different aspects of Tacoma’s history, including music. We’ll hear some original recordings of Tacoma booster songs which were designed to bring people to the city. Davenport will also discuss different artists who lived in Tacoma as well as famous artists who played here. Other episodes air at 3:30pm TThS and 4pm on MWF
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs 9am daily including Town Hall with Senator Maria Cantwell MWF and Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and Combatting AAPI Discrimination in WA TThS Other episodes air 3pm MWF
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am Oregon Post-Fire Logging Gone Wrong We are still a long way away from recovering from last year’s wildfires in Western Oregon. But if the damage and dislocation those fires wreaked was not traumatic enough, now the Oregon Department of Transportation is carrying out systematic clearcutting along the scenic waterways that were at the epicenter of the fires. This rampant destruction of important old growth trees has sparked controversy and protests across the state, culminating in legislative hearings a couple weeks ago. On this episode of Locus Focus we talk with Rebecca White, wildlands director with Cascadia Wildlands, one of many environmental organizations that have joined in a lawsuit against the state to stop the logging.
- AAAS Science Magazine Podcast: Cutting shipping air pollution may cause water pollution
- The Cannabis Corner airs TThs at 4pm
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Nutmeg Junction airs 5pm on Saturdays. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/