Emotions have a great influence on training and behavior. This episode explores the history of dog training and how it has improved over the past 50 years. The accompanying poster is from Dr. Sophia Yin on some of the subtle body language signals that dogs give to tell us they are feeling anxious.
And here are links to the websites mentioned in this episode:
- For position statements from the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior go to www.avsab.org and look under resources.
- Karolina Westlund’s blog is at https://illis.se/en/
- Body language signals can be seen on Turid Rugaas’s website: http://en.turid-rugaas.no/calming-signals—the-art-of-survival.html
- You can find a certified fear free vet at the website: www.fearfreepets.com
- And there is a wealth of information on the website www.DrSophiaYin.com
Ain’t Misbehaving airs at noon on Wednesdays and 3pm on Saturdays and can be accessed anytime on our archives: https://radiotacoma.org/aint-misbehaving-archives/
And a big “Thank You!” to Kristi Nebel for her wonderful voice singing “Ain’t Misbehavin’” in the opening and closing segments to each episode.