Radio Tacoma Highlights for January 18 – 25, 2021
At noon daily we feature an interview with elector Julian Wheeler about elector intimidation and one of Martin Luther King, Jr’s Massey Lectures. On Tuesday and Thursday at 2:30pm we feature King’s “Beyond Vietnam” speech.
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: Airs 8pm daily David interviews Leslea Newman about a book of poems related to her mother’s passing from this world. Note: previous episodes air at 8am
- Cannabis Corner: Airs 4pm TThS
- Climate Talk with John Doherty: Airs at 10am Gonzaga University Professor Brian Henning talks about the intersection of ethics and climate change. Previous episodes air at 10pm daily. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- We do the Work: Airs 1pm daily Conor Casey and Crystal Rogers, archivists for the Labor Archives of Washington Part 2. Crystal and Conor report on the ‘Women in Labor History’ project and discuss Anna Louise Strong, a 20th century journalist, activist, and supporter of the labor movement.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily “Magic Forests After Fires”: We talk with Monica Bond, a wildlife biologist and biodiversity advocate with the Wild Nature Institute, about the wonders of post-fire forests and why logging them prior to or after a burn causes more harm than good.
- Radio Survivor Airs 2:30pm MWF
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs TTHS at 7pm and MWF at 1:30pm
- Barnaby Druthers Airs 1 to 3pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 7pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- WSIP: Airs at 9am daily
- KTQA Daily Briefing and Science Magazine air at 6:00 am and 6pm daily
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/