Featuring Radio Tacoma Interview with composer Randy Kasten airing at noon daily
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF and 9pm TThS This week features a re-airing of “Loving Hilltop.” Hilltop Action Coalition President Brendan Nelson has spent most of his life living in or near Tacoma’s Hilltop neighborhood. Nelson serves in a volunteer position with the Hilltop Action Coalition. In his regular job, Nelson works for Tacoma’s Peace Lutheran Church. In this episode, Nelson talks about his love of the Hilltop. He also discusses the issues facing the neighborhood including lack of affordable housing, rising home prices, and gentrification. More information:Hilltop Action Coalition and UW Tacoma’s Master of Arts in Community Planning
- Radio Survivor airs at 2pm daily Feminista Frequencies This week, we take a close look at the history of an influential Spanish language community radio station: KDNA. Located in Washington State, the station launched in 1979 and serves a rural community which includes farm workers and immigrants. Our guest, Monica De La Torre, is Assistant Professor at the School of Transborder Studies at Arizona State University and is the author of a forthcoming book about KDNA called Feminista Frequencies: Community Building through Radio in the Yakima Valley.
- Sound Poetry: Airs at 8pm daily. This week features lepidopterist, nature writer, and founder of the Xerces Society, Robert Michael Pyle whose recent film The Dark Divide is about his trek in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. He reads poetry about the area where he lives in Southwestern Washington. Additional episodes air at 8am daily.
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. You can find show notes here.
- AAAS Podcast airs daily at 6am and 6pm Keeping ads out of dreams and calculating the cost of climate displacement First this week, News Intern Sofia Moutinho joins host Sarah Crespi to discuss scientists concerns about advertisers looking into using our smart speakers or phones to whisper ads to us while we sleep.
Next, Bina Desai, head of programs at the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, discusses how to predict the economic impact of human displacement because of climate change as part of a special issue on strategic retreat.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs at 9am daily and 3pm MWF
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am
- The Cannabis Corner airs TThS at 4pm
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Nutmeg Junction airs at 5pm on Saturdays. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews air at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/