Featuring Paw’d Defiance “Violence, Sexuality, and Black Women” Airs MWF 8am and Science Magazine “COVID Treatment at 1 Year & Smarter Materials for Smarter Cities” Airs at 6:00 am and 6pm daily
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: David Gilmour interviews local Tacoma poet Tim Sherry who reads poetry about everyday life and about life at Holden Village on Lake Chelan. Airs 8pm daily. Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- Climate Talk SAFE Cities activist and environmentalist Ingrid Archibald talks about fossil fuels in Tacoma and associated climate justice issues. Airs at 10am daily. Previous episodes air at 10pm daily. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- Gonzo and Friends Gonzo talks cinematography with Eric Struck Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily Saving Salmon, Saving Us Salmon are the principal iconic species here in the Pacific Northwest, but once salmon were iconic for all northern latitude countries around the world. As we watch the once abundant salmon runs dwindle in the few remaining places where they have thrived over the past century, we are actually witnessing the same processes that previously wiped out salmon runs across Northern Europe and the American Northeast—the impacts of overfishing and industrial pollution. On this episode of Locus Focus, we talk with Mark Kurlansky, author Salmon: A Fish, the Earth, and the History of a Common Fate, about how the fate of salmon is intimately connected with the fate of all life on this planet.
- Paw’d Defiance Airs SMWF 7-8 AM Violence, Sexuality, and Black Women UW Professor Carolyn West has spent her career looking at issues affecting Black women. In her early career, she focused on domestic violence and how larger forces like historical trauma play a role in domestic violence perpetrated against Black women. In this episode, we talk about West’s research into intimate partner violence. We also talk about her work as an expert witness in court cases involving intimate partner violence. Finally, West talks about how Black women are portrayed in the media and what impact these tropes and stereotypes have on Black women and on society as a whole.
- WSIP airs daily at 9am Selling the American Rescue Plan and Stopping American-Asian Hate The ARP is already benefiting tens of millions of Americans. Stephan Cox, Will Casey, and Shasti Conrad talk about how the Democrats can and must take credit for it. Also, Shasti speaks about Tuesday’s killings in Atlanta of six Asian-American women with 34th LD state senator Joe Nguyen, and Toshiko Hasegawa, candidate for the Port of Seattle position 4 and current Executive Director of Washington State’s Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs TTHS at 7pm and MWF at 1:30pm
- Barnaby Druthers Airs 1 to 3pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 7pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/