Featuring Washington Indivisible Podcast on Activist Burnout!
Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: David Gilmour interviews Alan Walowitz. Alan Walowitz has been writing poetry, sometimes successfully and sometimes un-, for more than 50 years. He has a small portion of an MFA in Writing from Goddard College, and has an entire degree from Eastern Connecticut State University and several from Queens College of the City University of NY. He’s studied with poets Estha Weiner, Fred Marchant, C.K. Williams, Carol Muske, Colette Inez, and Stephen Stepanchev, among others. Find out more at: http://alanwalowitz.com/ Airs at 8pm daily. Previous episodes air at 8am and are always available on our program archives on our website!
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. Previous episodes air at 10pm. See Climate Talk Notes here.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast Activist Burnout and an interview with Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland airs at 9am daily and 3pm MWF. We all seem to be feeling some degree of burnout right now, and for very understandable reasons. We’re facing so many urgent challenges and crises across simultaneous fronts, from the climate crisis to the pandemic, the fight for voting rights, for racial equity, not to mention reproductive rights are under a frightening new assault. We know that we want to re-energize and re-engage, but we may not be sure how. So for this town hall, we’ve assembled a panel of experts to offer perspective and guidance on how to understand your burnout, and how to find your way back.
Congresswoman Marilyn Strickland was elected in 2020 to represent the 10th CD, a district that includes Olympia, much of Tacoma, and Joint Base Lewis McChord. She joins us for this special town hall to discuss:
– The two infrastructure packages and what’s in them for WA, and progressive ways to pay for them
– Climate action
– Voting rights
– Defense spending
- The Cannabis Corner airs at 4pm on TThS
- AAAS Science Podcast airs at 6am and 6pm daily.
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF and 9pm TThS
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/