Happy Halloween, decorated home near downtown Tacoma, c 2014 (CC2.0)
Featuring WOB Radio Hour with Marilyn Kimmerling at noon daily
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am: Conversation with Dr. Monica Aufrecht Professor of Philosophy Bellevue College on doing the right thing as we address climate change. Previous episodes air at 10pm. See Climate Talk Notes here.
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am: Speaking Truth to Power On this episode of Locus Focus, we talk with Dominick DellaSala, chief scientist with Wild Heritage in Ashland, OR, who has edited a new book called Speaking Truth to Power: Conservation Science and Advocacy for a Planet in Peril, a collection of essays by and about dissident scientists, especially in the field of forest science, who have fought to get their research published and respected despite brutal attacks by the gatekeepers of convention.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs 9am daily and 3pm MWF Dr. Shukir Olow talks to young candidates running for local office This week, we hand over the mic to Dr. Shukri Olow, who has assembled a panel of young candidates in this year’s county and municipal elections to talk about the many challenges—as well as opportunities—for young people who are running for office. Dr. Olow herself is running for King County Council in District 6. She’s joined by Carmen Rivera, who’s running for Renton City Council; Cliff Cawthon, who’s up for city council in Kent; and Newcastle city council candidate Paul Charbonneau.
- Sound Poetry: Airs at 8pm daily: Previous episodes air at 8am and are always available on our program archives on our website!
- AAAS Science Podcast airs at 6am and 6pm daily.
- Alternative Radio airs at 7am TTHS and at 9am on MWF
- The Cannabis Corner airs at 4pm on TThS
- Barnaby Druthers airs Saturdays at 1pm and 5pm and Sundays at 1pm
- Paw’d Defiance airs at 7am MWF and 5pm MW
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/