Featuring Washington State Indivisible Podcast:
The situation in Afghanistan and how you can help airs 9am daily and 3pm MWF
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: Airs at 8pm daily: This edition of Sound Poetry includes additional poetry from three poets: Jessica Gigot, Thea Swanson, and Bill Fay. Previous episodes air at 8am and are always available on our program archives on our website!
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am: Climate Talk Conservatives: Being an effective voice for climate change mitigation vs. being “right.”. Previous episodes air at 10pm. See Climate Talk Notes here.
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am: Power On this episode of Locus Focus we talk with Richard Heinberg, Senior Fellow and Energy Analyst at the Post Carbon Institute, about how we need to rethink and reshape our relationships to all the various shapes and form that power takes, if we are to survive as a species into the next century.
- Washington State Indivisible Podcast airs 9am daily and 3pm MWF The situation in Afghanistan and how you can help: Aneelah Afzali is the Executive Director of the American Muslim Empowerment Network at the Muslim Association of Puget Sound (MAPS-AMEN) and Chris Franco is an Afghanistan combat veteran and is also Director of Military and Veterans Affairs with the Truman National Security Project talk about the work they have been doing and how you can help. Also, News Quiz: Battle of the Indivisibles!
- Alternative Radio airs at 7am TThS: Michael Eric Dyson: Chaos or Community? In his 1967 book Where Do We Go From Here? Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr wrote these prophetic words: “A true revolution of values will soon look uneasily on the glaring contrast of poverty and wealth. The oceans of history are made turbulent by the ever-rising tides of hate. We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. This may well be mankind’s last chance to choose between chaos or community.” More than five decades later the chaos is all too apparent: When we look around we are faced with a raging pandemic with its mounting death toll, acute economic distress, a climate in peril and the fury of the January 6th insurrection and all that was behind it. We are at a proverbial crossroads. Collective action can address these problems. We can choose. Will it be chaos or community?
- The Cannabis Corner airs at 4pm on TThS
- Barnaby Druthers airs Saturdays at 1pm and 5pm and Sundays at 1pm
- AAAS Science Podcast airs at 6am and 6pm daily.
- Paw’d Defiance “Building a Prison to College Pipeline” airs at 7am MWF and 5pm MW
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/