A corner of Point Defiance Park, Asian Gardens
Featuring Washington State Indivisible Podcasts “Exploring Alternative Policing Models for Behavioral Health Crises” daily at 9am and What the Hell Happened in Olympia this Year? A Legislative Wrap-up MWF at 3pm
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Radio Survivor airs at 2pm daily. This week they rebroadcast one of our favorite episodes called affectionately “Ghosts in the Airglow” but the actual title is Radio Spectrum and Transmission Art. Amanda Dawn Christie is an artist enamored with radios and radio waves. The Assistant Professor, Studio Arts at Concordia University (Montreal, Canada) joins us on the show to discuss her most recent transmission art project, Ghosts in the Airglow, in which she created work at the HAARP facility in Alaska. Christie also shares with us the backstory of how she started working with radio and radio waves, describing her fascination with radio towers and shortwave and recounting her numerous radio-related art projects.
- Paw’d Defiance Airs SMWF 7am and MWF 4pm: a rebroadcast of Omari Amili Changing the Narrative and Katrina Johnson In the Vanguard and on TTh at 3pm We Hereby Refuse Frank Abe and Tamiko Nimura’s new graphic novel “We Hereby Refuse: Japanese American Resistance to Wartime Incarceration” tells the real-life stories of Japanese Americans who pushed back against forced removal and relocation.
- Climate Talk airs daily at 10am. How hydrogen could be a part of a clean fuel future Previous episodes and other climate and sustainability related programs air at 10pm
- Sound Poetry: Airs 8pm daily. Part II of David Gilmour’s interview with Koon Woon: “Born in a small village in 1949 China, [Koon Woon] listens to the edge of America, pours Cantonese nouns into a Stevens/Eliot/Whitman mixmaster and serves up dispatches from a borderland where expulsion is a state of grace.” — The Village Voice Learn more about Koon Woon here: https://kaya.com/authors/koon-woon/ // Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- The Cannabis Corner airs TThs at 4pm
- AAAS Science Magazine Podcast: Chernobyl’s Ruins Grow Restless, and Entangling Macroscopic Objects
- Locus Focus airs daily at 11am Jordan Cove’s Looming Demise For nearly 17 years Oregonians have been fighting to stop the massive Jordan Cove LNG export terminal from being built on Coos Bay, as well as its companion 229 mile pipeline that would cross much of Southern Oregon. In the past year, this struggle has begun to pay off. On this episode of Locus Focus we talk with Allie Rosenbluth, campaigns director with Rogue Climate in Jackson County, about the latest developments that point to the imminent demise of the Jordan Cove LNG Export terminal and pipeline.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs weekdays at 1:00pm and TTHS at 7pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Nutmeg Junction airs 5pm on Saturdays. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/