Featuring Sound Poetry interview with nature writer, lepidopterist, “Dark Divide” filmmaker, & poet Robert Michael Pyle
Airs at 6:00 am and 6pm daily
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Climate Talk Jonathan Marshall and Dr. Peter Joseph detail the effectiveness and justice of a price on fossil fuel pollution. Airs at 10am daily. Previous episodes air at 10pm daily. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- Sound Poetry: David Gilmour interviews Robert Michael Pyle. Airs 8pm daily. Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily Portland’s Industrial Sacrifice Zone NOTE: TACOMA TIDEFLATS ARE A SACRIFICE ZONE, TOO On this episode of Locus Focus we talk with Bob Sallinger, Conservation director for Portland Audubon and Mamelang Memela, Climate Justice Program Associate with the Center for Sustainable Economy, about a campaign underway to transform the sacrifice zone created by the Portland Harbor, into a green working waterfront, defined by good jobs, clean energy, and healthy ecosystems.
- Paw’d Defiance Airs SMWF 7-8 AM Racism is a Public Health Crisis On this episode of the podcast we talk about the social determinants of health with UW Tacoma Assistant Professor Sharon Laing and UW Associate Professor Wendy Barrington. Laing and Barrington research how different factors, including racism, impact a person’s health. We’ll talk about how racist policies and practices negatively impact health outcomes for people of color. These outcomes include higher instances of certain diseases and a lower average life expectancy. Listen to Part II: https://www.buzzsprout.com/265902/5067431-racism-is-a-public-health-crisis-part-ii
- WSIP airs daily at 9am Selling the American Rescue Plan and Stopping American-Asian Hate The ARP is already benefiting tens of millions of Americans. Stephan Cox, Will Casey, and Shasti Conrad talk about how the Democrats can and must take credit for it. Also, Shasti speaks about Tuesday’s killings in Atlanta of six Asian-American women with 34th LD state senator Joe Nguyen, and Toshiko Hasegawa, candidate for the Port of Seattle position 4 and current Executive Director of Washington State’s Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs TTHS at 7pm and MWF at 1:30pm
- Gonzo and Friends Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- Barnaby Druthers airs 1 to 2pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 5pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/