Featuring Radio Tacoma Interview with WorkSource for young adults followed by an interview with Fair Vote WA Airs daily at noon
Also, listen to Paw’d Defiance Loving Hilltop MWF at 7am and TTh at 9pm
See our Weekly Schedule for all our programming
- Sound Poetry: David Gilmour interviews Sigrun Susan Lane who reads her poems about singing bivalves and her Icelandic heritage. Airs 8pm daily. Previous episodes air at 8am daily.
- Climate Talk Dr. Kriss Kevorkian talks about our feelings of sadness and worry in a world where our environment is under threatAirs at 10am daily. Previous episodes air at 10pm daily. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- Locus Focus: Airs 11am daily Beaver taught salmon to jump! On this episode of Locus Focus, we talk with Dr. Suzanne Fouty, a retired U.S. Forest Service hydrologist, about the importance of protecting the beaver who are still doing their best to survive in our forests and wetlands, despite harassing, trapping and hunting by people who do not appreciate the vast benefits they provide. Suzanne is a co-author of House Bill 2843 that would close recreational and commercial trapping of beaver on federally-managed public lands in Oregon.
- Paw’d Defiance Airs SMWF 7-8 AM & TThS 9-10pm Loving Hilltop Hilltop Action Coalition President Brendan Nelson has spent most of his life living in or near Tacoma’s Hilltop neighborhood. Nelson serves in a volunteer position with the Hilltop Action Coalition. In his regular job, Nelson works for Tacoma’s Peace Lutheran Church. In this episode, Nelson talks about his love of the Hilltop. He also discusses the issues facing the neighborhood including lack of affordable housing, rising home prices, and gentrification. More information http://www.hilltopactioncoalition.org/” Hilltop Action Coalition www.tacoma.uw.edu/urban-studies/master-arts-community-planning” UW Tacoma’s Master of Arts in Community Planning
- WSIP: MWF 9am and 3:30pm: Want to know where things stand with state legislation on climate, healthcare, police accountability, progressive taxation, and more, but haven’t had the time to follow it all? This show is for you! We bring you a midterm report on this year’s legislative session—what bills made it and which didn’t, and which will need our help getting over the finish line. We talk with four bill trackers with the Washington Indivisible Legislative Action Team for an update, and some calls to action. Jim Austin tracks healthcare, Hanna Floss tracks good governance (taxation & voting rights), Kirsten Hansen’s team tracks racial equity and police accountability, and Kevin Jones follows the environment. This was recorded live on Tuesday, March 9th.
- Eat the Airwaves with Mike McCormick airs TTHS at 7pm and MWF at 1:30pm
- Barnaby Druthers Airs 1 to 3pm on weekends. Nutmeg Junction airs 7pm on weekends. This is a send up detective show produced by J. Timothy Quirk.
- Gonzo and Friends Gonzo chats with Brenna Stratton about film school Airs at 5pm and 11pm weekdays
- KTQA Daily Briefing and Science Magazine air at 6:00 am and 6pm daily
- Radio Tacoma Interviews are at noon daily!
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/