photo of 509 Bridge in Tacoma, by Tom Collins, 2018
Radio Tacoma Highlights for September 28-October 5, 2020
In this week’s “Public Affairs with Louisa” at 4pm on MWF listen to the story of a local encampment under the 509 Bridge in “American Home: the Unhoused”
and “Cannabis Corner” returns at 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
- Cannabis Corner this week at 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays: In episode 19 we meet the Corner’s new co-host, Uncle Dig. Lukas and Dig discuss cannabis across the US and growing in the NW. The final segment, “It’s a Bust,” looks at a tragic case out of Alabama.”
- Sound Poetry: This week’s new episode features Michael Dylan Welch who discusses the nuts and bolts of Haiku and airs at 8pm. Past episodes air at 8am and 2pm.
- Climate Talk: In this week’s episode (which airs at 10am) John Doherty talks about making a personal difference by speaking out about climate change. For notes to Climate Talk, click here.
- Ain’t Misbehavin’ with animal behavior specialist Louisa Beal, DVM airs at 5:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and at 1:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Join us for fun “tails” of animals and their humans!
- KBOO’s Locus Focus airs at 11am daily, with new episodes on MWF and past episodes on T/Th. On this week’s episode Barbara Bernstein talks again with Dan Serres, Conservation Director for Columbia Riverkeeper about regionwide concerns over the hazards of this methanol refinery. NOTE: Watch the video “A View from the Blast Zone” about the hazards of this refinery and of the Tacoma LNG plant.
- We do the Work: Ken Winkes interviews Mark McDermott, a social educator and activist about his presentation on patriotism, unions, and American workers.
- Radio Tacoma Interviews air at noon daily
For the complete weekly schedule go to http://radiotacoma.org/test-schedule/